Online Dependent ID Card Renewal / Replacement
This new option works for:
All Military / Retiree / Civilian Dependent ID Cards
Online Renewal / Replacement Instructions
- Step 1. Fill out the Application to Renew form.
- Step 2. For dependent ID Cards ONLY
- Sponsor Certify the DD Form 1172 online:
- Have the sponsor (CAC holder or Retirees can create a DS log-on) access the DMDC website to certify the DD Form 1172 for the dependent who is renewing his/her ID Card via the following Link: DMDC Website.
- Once logged into DMDC, click "Replace ID Card" under appropriate Family Member. The
system will notify you once the DD Form 1172 has been successfully submitted.
- Step 3. Open AMRDEC SAFE and submit the following documents to:
Customer Support --- 92 FSS/FSCS at Fairchild.email@example.com
- 1. Two supporting Identifications (2 forms of unexpired ID with the EXACT same name, Front Only)
- 2. Photo of Dependent for the ID Card that has been taken within 7 days of submission (shoulders up, white / off white background)
- 3. Completed Application to Renew Form
- 4. If ID Card was lost or stolen, you must also upload a memorandum from Security Forces stating the lost/stolen ID Card was reported
Note: Reference Supporting ID Reqs for additional guidance on supporting identifications and pictures.
- Step 4. Pickup -- No Sponsor Needed!
The ID Card will be ready for pickup in 7 calendar days. You will be notified via email when your ID Card is ready. You must bring the original 2 supporting indentifications used to create the ID Card with you upon pick-up. Please ensure that you provide the correct information on the Dependent Renewal Application (Ex. DoD ID / SSN) for fast service.
Please Note: Newly Widowed / DAV/ Initial Enrollment / ID for age 21 does not fall under the ID Card renewal process. These members must visit the MPF for service.
Common Access Cards (CACs), Retirees, and In-Person Appointments
For regular, in-person appointments, please see the RAPIDS scheduler below.
Link Broken? Please visit https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/building.aspx?BuildingId=764 directly.