Who doesn't love a new simple and healthy recipe even the kids will like? This Healthy Fudge Cookie recipe hits all the marks for my family. You only need 4 ingredients (more options if you want), it's easy enough for kids to make and it tastes good. We all hate those long stories about how the recipe was discovered and why someone made it, so here you go!
Yields: About 16 small cookies
Prep Time: 5 min / Cook Time: 8-15
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F
3 Ripe bananas, about 1 1/2 cups mashed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or substitute almond butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
A handful of course sea salt for garnish or if you don't have it, salt the batter to taste
Optional: Make the cookie your own. We like it with about 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract and dark chocolate chips to make it extra fudgy.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash bananas into a puree one at a time. Then stir in peanut butter and cocoa poser using the same fork until smooth and uniform consistency.
3. Add optional ingredients. (If you are not going to put large sea salt on top, add it at this time). Mix in vanilla and then dark chocolate chips if desired.
4. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased to prevent sticking
5. Use a scoop or tablespoon and place heaping amounts of dough onto prepped cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Cookies keep their shape.
6. If you didn't use salt in your cookie dough, sprinkle the top of the cookie with sea salt.
7. Bake 8-15 minutes or until firmer to the touch. Has a little bounce and not gooey.
8. Cool on a cookie sheet about 3-5 minutes before finishing cooling on a rack.
9. If you didn't eat them all, store in airtight container for up to 5 days or uncovered in a fridge.
Feel free to make these cookies your own. My family and I did. You can tell by the big bite out of the cookie my daughter took. Leave a comment and we will tell you more about this cookie or should I say healthy fudge. Just don't tell the kids they are good for them.
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.fairchildfun.com/
Built with HTML5 and CSS3 - 92d Force Support Squadron.
Due to NIPR Net restrictions this website might not be displayed correct or complete.