The Official Website of Fairchild FSS - United States Air Force
- Pre-registration starting May 10 at https://fairchildafblibrary.beanstack.org or by picking up your reading log at the Library or by downloading it on fairchildfun.com (Note: Reading minutes start being logged on June 1)
- Open to all ages with Base Access
- There will be fun indoor/outdoor activities and reading incentives throughout the summer. Readers can earn additional Summer Reading Program badges by participating in our summer activities. They include:
* Find the Library Owl: new hiding spot every week throughout the program
* Art Experiments: Mondays for families and kids, Wednesdays for teens and adults. June 20 - July 5 and July 19 - Aug 9, all at 2:30pm
* Break-Out Boxes: new boxes available every 3 weeks starting June 20 (#2 July 17 and #3 August 7). An all-ages, drop-in activity
* STEM Fun: Fossils on June 23, Robots on July 21 (limited supply of robots), and Slime on Aug 18, all at 2:30pm
* Legends of the Hidden Temple Escape Room: July 11-16 by appointment
* Summer Reading Party: August 4 at 10am, with carnival games, prizes, crafts
- Grand prize winners will receive gift cards and other prizes will be awarded to those that turn in reading logs
- Summer reading is important! Research has shown that reading over the summer prevents summer reading loss. Studies also indicate students who read recreationally outperformed those who don’t.
- From the DoD: The broad motif of “summer camp at the library” can encompass a world of different summer experiences: from outdoor activities such as hiking, campfires, stories, and s’mores to nature programs, arts and crafts, music, and so much more! Our libraries are committed to supporting lifelong learning and educational enrichment for all families.
- Thanks to our sponsor: Global Credit Union (no federal endorsement of sponsor intended)
- For more info call the Library at 247-5556